Easy tofu scramble
Try this delicious, healthy, fast, and easy tofu scramble. For the ones who don't like tofu, this could be the first tofu recipe they like. It looks like scrambled eggs and although it doesn't taste exactly the same, you may even think it's better! Use any vegetable you like but don't forget the turmeric for color and powerful wide-ranging health benefits.
- Drain and pat tofu dry using paper towels or a clean, absorbent towel.
- While tofu is drying, prepare the vegetables.
- Use a fork to crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- Warm a large skillet over medium heat. Once hot, start sautéing the onion. Stir frequently so it doesn't burn. Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth at a time for sautéing. Cook until softened - about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and pepper and sauté for a few more minutes. Stir in the tofu, salt, pepper and turmeric and keep sautéing for about 5 minutes, adding vegetable broth as necessary. Finally stir in the spinach and cook until softened.
- Serve with bread or inside a tortilla as a breakfast burrito. Enjoy!