Black bean & sweet potato hamburger
Veggie burgers that you can buy in the grocery store tend to be very processed and have extra ingredients you would never add to them. It is easy and inexpensive to make your own at home. Try this recipe and enjoy a comfort food that all your family and friends will love. It is made with whole plant-based ingredients that promote health and is delicious!
- Preheat oven to 375 °F. Wash the sweet potatoes (about 3, small) and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. With a fork or knife, pierce their skin a few times and bake them until tender, about 45 minutes to 1 hour. Or you can boil them for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Let them cool, remove the skin and mash them with a fork.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together with a potato masher, fork or with your hands until the mixture is sticky and holds together.
- Divide the mixture into four patties.
- Place patties on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake about 12 minutes on each side.
- Serve as you prefer and enjoy!
If using canned black beans, choose no salt added if possible and rinse them well.
Make extra patties and freeze them before baking them to have a quick meal when needed.